Get Your FREE Tax Resolution Assessment

*By submitting this request, I give consent to receive calls generated by autodialing software even if I participate in the DO NOT CALL LIST. This consent is not an obligation of purchase.

Missing or Unfiled Tax Returns

Unfiled or missing IRS tax returns are among the most common mistakes people make. Some people may not realize they are missing a return, if they only worked at a company for a short period, or they may have never received it. Also, some people may not feel they need to file their return if they are not receiving a refund. These are common mistakes, and they happen every year, but it cannot be stresses enough that every return must be filed. If you have missing or unfiled IRS tax returns, contact New York Tax Attorney Service at (347) 535-4017 to find a qualified tax professional if you live in New York City.

What is an Unfiled Return?

An unfiled IRS tax return is any type of tax return that is not filed with the IRS in a timely manner. As stated before, some people do not think they have to file a return if they think they do not owe taxes or are receiving a refund. This is a common mistake that can lead to a surplus of problems down the road.

What to do for an Unfiled Return:

The first step would be to either contact the IRS directly (we do not encourage this) or contact New York Tax Attorney Service at (347) 535-4017, so you can weigh your options. There is likely a very easy solution to this problem. If it is filed after the time period allotted, and you owe taxes, you could incur penalties and interest on the amount owed. This, of course depends on the reason for the return being late, and how much time has passed.

What is a Missing Return?

A missing IRS tax return is any type of tax return that you are missing, and did not file with the IRS. This can happen if your recent or prior employer did not mail your W-2 to you, or if you lost the form the employer sent to you. It can also be that you only worked a couple of hours for the employer you are missing the return for and you don’t think it will make a difference.

What to do for a Missing Return:

The first step you should take is to contact your previous employer and try to get a copy of the missing W-2 if this is the reason you are missing a return. Once you make sure you have all the items you need, you can contact the IRS or New York Tax Attorney Service at (347) 535-4017 to see what your next steps are. You definitely want to handle this situation quickly, as you can incur penalties and interest if you owe taxes. Also, there is a 3 year time limit on collecting a refund, so you want to make sure you file all your returns within that time limit. The last thing you want is for the IRS to keep your money!   Unfiled or Missing returns are common mistake that can be easily corrected. If you have received a notice from the IRS concerning Unfiled or Missing returns, contact New York Tax Attorney Service at (347) 535-4017 for help in finding a tax professional if you live in New York City, .
CALL (347) 535-4017 & GET HELP NOW!

Copyright © 2021 New York Tax Attorney Service. All Rights Reserved.

If you have not filed taxes for one or more years then you need to read about unfiled tax returns! If you are missing taxes then call (347) 535-4017 right now to speak with a tax consultant and learn what your options are right now. Call (347) 535-4017!